Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Best 10 Years of My Life...

...have been spent with this guy.
DSC02115

It all started 10 years ago, right here with our first kiss...
SCAN0001
...and we've been kissing ever since. In 10 years, he hasn't once missed giving me a kiss before he leaves for the day--that's something that really blesses me!

So, we celebrated our 10 year anniversary this month! As I was thinking about these last 10 years, and how blessed I am through Tim, I remembered some verses from Joel that I had memorized back when I was single...

"I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten...You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the LORD your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed...Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am the LORD your God, and that there is no other; never again will my people be shamed."

Now, I didn't ever have any crops that locusts ate, and I know this verse was for the Israelites, but I did have some hurts. Some hurts I brought on myself, and others God permitted me to encounter. During a season of my college years, God really worked on me...healing my heart. Those verses about being repaid gave me encouragement.

And now? I could never have imagined how wonderful my life could be...what bliss there could be in marriage...what joy there could be in a husband. God has indeed repaid me, and I praise him!

Tim is the most patient, kind, fun man I know. Plus, he's a hunk. I'm SO blessed to be his wife!

One of the things I love best about Tim is that he loves what I love (reading, watching movies, and working with my hands) but he also draws me into fun things that I wouldn't naturally do.

For instance, I like the outdoors, but I enjoy it just as much from inside as I do from out...yet here we are on our 5th anniversary...
DSC_119

And, I like to eat, but I'd just as soon let someone else cook than do it myself. But, Tim makes it fun! He loves to cook, and is really good at it.
DSC01018

Plus, he looks really fine in ladies sunglasses...(and isn't afraid to wear them!)
100_3217

He is my best friend, and I love spending every day of my life with him.

Here's the 2 pictures we took of us on our 10 year trip...
IMG00086-20110505-1926

DSC_0419

At least we took those!!

On our trip we did a fair amount of reminiscing, talking, reading, and relaxing. It was great.

And now here we are...back to normal life. Wonderwoman has gone home (along with Super Grandpa). Normal life can be crazy, but it has its fine moments, too. Last night we cooked out, and enjoyed the beautiful weather. I loved looking out my kitchen window while we were getting ready...
DSC06949

We did a lot of work on the patio while WW was here, and it paid off.
DSC06950
(Yes, the kids are in their pajamas. They wore them ALL DAY. Good grief. They LOVED it!)

Evenings like that make normal life wonderful!

As cheesy as it may be, I have to say:

Tim, I love you! I'm so thankful that you married me, and that I can trust you to stick with me 'til the end. You are my hero. Happy Anniversary.

No comments :

Post a Comment