Saturday, February 4, 2012

I spy...

...a Birthday Boy!
DSC08180

But first, regular-old-life pictures.

I'll start with my favorites. I walked into the kitchen recently, and found Zack leaning over checking out this basket (which, incidentally came from our neighbor's garbage pile--the kids brought it home:).

DSC08133

I said Hey Zack!
DSC08134

Whatcha looking for?
DSC08135

Oh man... what a Cutie!

He still likes the usual activities. (this outfit is from you, Kim...Thanks :)
DSC08117

(Ope, that's the moose shirt you gave him, too...under the bib.) (Ope: I heard Trevor say Ope the other day...I say it too. Is it just us, or does anyone else say that???)
DSC08124

He can bear weight on his legs finally...he loves to stand up. (this out fit is from you, Mom! :)
DSC08141

DSC08148
So Precious!
DSC08151

Ok...enough about Zack. There's a party to document!

Samuel wanted a spy party. We went with an international spy theme. Every single boy we invited came...amazing! Friday afternoons are the time to do a party!
DSC08160

Tim pretty much took charge of the games.
DSC08174
It was great. First they played capture the flag. They all loved it. Next they played a scavenger hunt game that Tim invented. I had printed stickers with flags from 14 countries, and hidden them in peanut butter jars all over the yard. (I got my flag clip art HERE...a super easy-to-use geography site.)
DSC08240
We passed out these tiny comp books (50 cents at target!) to each spy.
DSC08241
Inside the boys and I had taped a tiny maps of the yard and the world.
DSC08239
The p.b. jars were hidden sort of geographically. The spies also had a list of flags to find, and they ran around collecting the stickers and putting them in their books. They loved it!
DSC08175
Sorry, no pictures of the boys running around. I was too busy chatting with the moms!
Not everyone placed their stickers in their books as neatly as Trevor did his...
DSC08242

Then cake...
DSC08178
DSC08180
...and then the boys played on the zip line, opened presents, and played in the yard. They all had a super fun time.

That evening we had more of a family party with pizza and more presents.
DSC08184DSC08182DSC08183DSC08187DSC08211DSC08223

Happy Birthday Samuel!

1 comment :

  1. Hey! I see a South Korea flag in the Spy Party! :)
    I LOVE the new kitchen and all of the pictures of Zack! I have been praying for you guys through reading your blog this morning. Hope all is well!
    <3 The Freemans

    ReplyDelete