Saturday, March 12, 2011

I'm Older Than I Was Last Week

I hate putting pictures of myself on here, but I know you love it, Mom. So, here's some pictures from my birthday...

A hand-made casserole carrier from Wonderwoman--9.75 years married, and it's my first one!
DSC_0953

And here's my second one! Two in one day!
DSC_0958

Gifts from Tim...
DSC_0943

Here's all the kids hovering around me...
DSC_0944

Thanks for the great gifts everybody!

Here's what Tim made me for dessert after lunch...a caramel decaf cafe frappe...yum...
DSC06588

Kim and Miles got us a frappe machine for Christmas, and we love it!

In other news,

~it's strawberry season!
DSC06594

One of my helpers wanted to make chocolate covered strawberries, so I let him!
DSC06592

DSC06591

They were delicious.

~the dogwoods are starting to bloom...
DSC06602

~Tim's been working on the house some more...
DSC06596
The verdict is still out on the paint color in that gable...meanwhile, we have scaffolding in front of our house again.

~He's also been working on our tree-house. Trevor helped make a bucket-crank-thing...
DSC06165

DSC06169

DSC06170

~and to finish up our Germany unit, we made some clay fairytale creations.
Trevor made this from "The Golden Goose"...
DSC06569

and William made this from "The Princess and the Frog"...
DSC06577

and then we put it all together to make a Glockenspiel like the one in Marienplatz Germany...
DSC06580

We just made it out of a Grits canister...with plastic lids and a straw, but it really spins, and even though it doesn't make music, the kids loved it. Here's the real one...


That's all I got...but with William's birthday this week, I'll be back with more!

No comments :

Post a Comment